In the morning of 17th September 2022, at the Office of the Government, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh chaired the Conference with the foreign business community under the theme “Overcoming the challenges, seizing the opportunities, and collaborating for development”.
The event saw the participation of Standing Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh, Ministers and heads of ministerial-level agencies, Chairmen of provincial and municipal People’s Committees and representatives from foreign business associations (AmCham, EuroCham, KoCham, SBG, JETRO, etc) and some outstanding firms operating in Viet Nam, such as HSBC, Dell, Boeing, Bosch, Panasonic, Meta, Orsted, CMA CGM Vietnam, etc. Pham emphasized that after 35 years of “Doi Moi” (renewal), the nation’s GDP increased to US$400 billion this year from around US$4 billion. The Government leader noted that Viet Nam pledges to create the most favorable business environment towards the standards of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), including:
(1) Maintaining socio-political and macroeconomic stability
(2) Removing the bottlenecks of the economy in terms of legal institutions, infrastructure and human resources
(3) Developing supply chains, reducing transaction costs, especially logistics and administrative costs
(4) Building an legal environment and system of stability, high predictability, transparency and accountability
(5) Being friendly in cooperation, attentive comments; joining hands in solving difficulties and challenges
Speaking at the conference, VBF Chambers representatives from AmCham, EuroCham, KoCham, and SBG presented some key challenges facing foreign businesses and proposed some solutions on how to seize opportunities for investment expansion in Vietnam.
Full speeches of VBF Chambers (in English) and our Business Climate Index survey (in Vietnamese) can be downloaded at the below button.
We also enclose some speeches (in Vietnamese) from the Government (MPI and some provinces – Quang Ninh, Can Tho, and Nghe An) for your reference.